Assistant Management Accountant- Projects
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Assistant Management Accountant based at our Sutton in Ashfield depot. Who will assist the Management Accountant to prepare the monthly Management Accounts.
Furthermore you will efficiently manage purchase invoice process to a level of supplier satisfaction which ensures the Company receive a comparative service from the supplier.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the fixed asset database, dealing with all additions, disposal and transfers.
- Chase up purchase invoices still outstanding with other departments
- Handle all incoming calls
- Assist the P/T Purchase Ledger on entering invoices, booking back and filing (including holiday cover)
- Keep cashbooks up to date
- Close both Sales and Bought ledgers monthly
- Control petty cash for Sterling and Euro, ensuring appropriate authorisation is granted before issuing cash.
- Chase any outstanding spare parts orders with suppliers daily
- Assist the Accounts Team in posting general ledger journals
- Other duties and special projects as required by the Management Accountant
The successful candidate will:
- Be AAT qualified / or close to completion
- Have experience working with in an accounts function
- Bought Ledger experience
- Have a knowledge of AS400 (desirable)
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office – especially excel
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting the reference number DGTCS540
Dawsongroup plc is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the continuous improvement and satisfaction of our employees. As such, training and ongoing development are readily available, as well as a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package.